Download our apps eBook to find out about the apps that are out there to help someone with a visual impairment to be more independent.
Following on from our ‘24 Apps for People with a Visual Impairment’ eBook, we have produced a 2nd edition featuring 40 apps.
The apps listed in the eBook have the potential to increase independence and open up the world for someone with sight loss.
We have divided the eBook into categories so it should be easy to find what you’re looking for:
- Productivity – Find out what apps are out there for reading text, identifying products and carrying out many more everyday tasks independently.
- Reading and Books – Discover the different ways you can read books, access library services and keep up with the latest news straight from your device.
- Outdoor Navigation and Transport – Discover a range of apps for navigating from A to B, obtaining location information and keeping up-to-date with public transport timetables.
- Entertainment – Find out how you can use apps to access TV, music and games.
- Miscellaneous – Discover apps for making typing easier, accessing information about visual impairment and more.
We have also included a list of additional resources so you can find out even more about apps and accessibility, or ask any questions you may have.
The apps will require you to have a certain level of ability with technology but please don’t let that put you off.
We offer free digital assessments and training for people of all abilities, monthly Tech Talk groups and our online Knowledge Village featuring blogs, videos and other eBooks.
Technology is always evolving so if you come across any new apps that you think we should know about, please get in touch!
You can download the first chapter on “Productivity”, FOR FREE – if you want to download the eBook in full, it costs just £3.00.
Please Note: From Monday 9th November until Monday 4th January, the price of the eBook is reduced to £2.00.