Meet Susan Fairclough, a volunteer within our Community Services team. Learn about her role and why she volunteers for Henshaws.
Volunteering at Henshaws
Volunteers are an essential part of Henshaws. We are grateful to all our volunteers for their time and dedication and could not exist without their support.
Can you help?
Without the skill, time, and energy of our volunteers we could not reach and support as many visually impaired people as we do. Whether you’re helping a local friendship matters group in your community, guiding someone from our hiking group or assisting at a fundraiser event your contribution is always appreciated, find out how you could join our amazing team of Volunteers.
You can help us make a real difference
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to help us with our busy activities, services and events calendar. This can be as a regular commitment or as little as a couple of hours, or a full day actively helping us at an event.
Volunteer roles can include:
• being a Trustee or Governor and making sure the charity is running well and is doing what it was set up to do (Was previous text on page)
• sighted guide on organised walks or gallery trips
• assisting at a local friendship matters group in your community
• acting as a route marshal on our Three Peaks Challenge or other fundraising activities and events
• supporting at a fundraising event
• providing hands on support at our braille and arts and crafts sessions
• providing transport to and from social groups
I like the idea of being able to give something back. If I can help anybody from my own experiences, I will do.
We offer induction, training and ongoing support and supervision to help you develop your skills throughout your volunteering experience with us.
You can volunteer as often or as little as you like. You might have some extra time to offer, or you might work for a company which offers volunteering benefits as part of corporate social responsibility. There is something for everyone to be part of in helping Henshaws support people go beyond expectations.
Why not get your business involved with volunteering as well? It makes for a great team-building activity and is ideal for CSR, all whilst making a significant contribution to supporting those with disabilities to go beyond expectations.Find out more about corporate support for Henshaws