Henshaws Life Hacks
Tips, tricks and tech for living with a visual impairment.
Our short Life Hack films aim to support those living with sight loss to lead a more independent life.
Choose from our selection of Life Hacks below and Henshaws’ own Mark Belcher, will share valuable techniques for overcoming some of the issues you may face.
If you have a life hack that works well for you then get in touch and we may make a film to share it with everyone!
In the kitchen
- How do you use your kitchen appliances with no vision?
- How do you organise your cupboards if you can’t see?
- How do you chop vegetables safely when you have low vision?
- How to use contrast in the kitchen to help see your food better
Around the home
- How do you find the light switch with low vision?
- How do you find items you’ve dropped if you’re blind?
- How do you clean your teeth with no vision?
- How do you know which bottle is shampoo if you’re blind?
- How do you pour liquids safely with no vision?
- How do you recognise money if you can’t see? Part 1
- How do you recognise money if you can’t see? Part 2
- How do you organise your credit cards if you can’t see?
- How to use accessible cash machines.
Henshaws Life Hacks e-book
Want more Life Hacks?
We’ve compiled 52 of our best tips and tricks for living with sight loss in an e-book. The advice is aimed at people who have low vision but many of the tips and tricks will also work for those who have no vision at all.
The tips are split in to themes, covering your: home, kitchen, garden, travel, money, entertainment and technology.