Sorry, applications for this position are now closed
Curriculum Leader Independence ** Internal Only**
Henshaws College, Harrogate
Closing date: Thursday, 19th Sep 2019
Annual Leave 5 weeks plus 10 day bank holiday (Pro-rata)
DBS Enhanced with child barring
All students at Henshaws Specialist College have a vision for their lives as adults. Our students want to study here, visibly developing their skills and independence through bespoke learning plans, in preparation for their lives after college; our students love to learn, but in a way that really works for them.
We are looking to appoint a Curriculum Leader
To take responsibility for nominated students following the Independence programme at Henshaws Specialist College.
They will lead on the curriculum development, delivery and quality assurance, and support the design of suitable and appropriate study programmes for learners to ensure they can meet their EHCP Outcomes and maximise their potential as adults.
It will include ongoing development work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the programme offer is current and appropriate o the needs of the student and funders.
The post holder will ensure high quality delivery and will monitor and manage instructors with a range of specialisms delivering across the programme area.
- Design, monitor and deliver the curriculum with the support of the programme leader to ensure that individual students’ needs are met, monitored and evaluated to a high standard.
- To lead the self-assessment and quality improvement affecting sensory learners (PMLD) and their study programmes and sensory curriculum. Contribute to the self-assessment and quality processes for the curriculum
- Contribute to pre-entry planning including timetabling, induction and baseline assessment, including the collection and collation of pre-entry achievements and support needs.
- Provide oversight to groups leading regular multidisciplinary meetings to monitor the impact and progress whole student study programme and the student experience
- To monitor groups and and individual individual and collective outcomes to ensure they are appropriate to the learner, their EHCP Outcomes and are SMART. This may include accredited and non-accredited outcomes.
Closing date Thursday 19th September at 12 Noon
This vacancy is open to existing Henshaws staff only. To apply, please send an expression of interest to email@example.com, stating how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the criteria for the role.