Henshaws College, Harrogate
Closing date: Tuesday, 26th Mar 2019
Hourly rate: £11.10 per hour, £21,933.60 per annum
Hours per week: 38
Weeks per Year: 52
Annual leave: 35 days per year including bank holidays
Location: Henshaws Specialist College, Harrogate
Vacancy Ref: 560
Henshaws reserves the right to close this position before the 'End Date'
To lead and manage administrative support services including Reception in a specialist College environment.
The educational arena has a high reliance on efficient, high quality administrative support colleagues. The post-holder will oversee staff supporting college-wide functions (reprographics & Reception).
The post-holder will also provide personal assistance to the College Principal and Senior Leadership Team, whose role can be demanding, high profile and complex. The post-holder will need to solution focused and provide expertise and understanding of how to underpin the Principal’s role to ensure the post-holder has effective support to aid them in their role.
A significant amount of time is desk based, and the post holder must have excellent IT and communication skills, be solution focused and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the Principal, the College staff and the students we serve.
- Provide comprehensive confidential personal assistance to the College Principal including diary management, administrative support planning and implementation to ensure well-managed, effective change is implemented.
- To present an effective interface between the College Principal and their internal/external contacts and to deal with queries and correspondence on their behalf.
- Provide secretariat for the College Business Group, SLT and other meetings – preparing agendas and collating and proof reading reports, taking and publishing minutes.
- Manage work distribution to the administrative team (including Reprographics/Receptionist) to ensure administrative support is provided to the College and, in some instances, the wider Charity services.
- Recruit and appoint administrative staff and be responsible for their deployment. Hold supervision meetings and provide staff supervision where needed.
- Manage and co-ordinate all Training Events and implement a college training calendar; liaising with managers, external facilitators, allocating all staff to events, evaluating training outcomes including producing training reports for SLT/Governors and maintaining training records.
To apply, please view the full job description and apply online
Closing date: Tuesday 26th March 12 noon.
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. This Role may require an enhanced DBS check, please refer to the job description for further details.
Registered Charity No: 221888
5 Weeks Annual leave + 10 paid bank holidays.
Option to buy one week extra holiday per year (52 week contracts)
DBS Paid by Henshaws
In House Training Full/comprehensive
Access to all Henshaws Benefits
Company Pension Scheme
Death in Service Insurance
Free onsite parking at college
Long service awards every 5 years
Refer a Friend
Supportive working environment
Students celebrate success at Specialist College graduation
Celebration and laughter were the order of the day when 15 students graduated from our Specialist College in Harrogate at a ceremony on Friday 13 July.