Physiotherapist – Maternity cover (full or part time)
Henshaws College, Harrogate
Closing date: Monday, 3rd Feb 2020
Salary £15.12 per hour/£29,080.88 per annum
Hours 37 per week (part time hours considered)
Weeks per Year 52
Annual Leave 25 days holiday plus 10 days statutory holidays (pro-rata, to be taken during College holiday periods)
Contract Fixed-Term Maternity cover up to one year
DBS Enhanced with child and adult barring
In order to support our valued team members we offer:
access to health scheme covering dental care/physiotherapy/birth grant etc
access to confidential advice line covering legal advice, relationship issues, stress and anxiety
access to free of charge independent counselling service
free eye tests
free of charge DBS check
35 days annual leave
flexible work patterns
enhanced sick pay
long service awards
opportunity to buy additional annual leave
range of family friendly policies to support your work/life balance
‘At Henshaws we are devoted to making a difference to the lives of the people we support. Sometimes this can be the smallest of things, and other times something that adds a real wow-factor to a person’s life. We see our work changing people’s lives for the better every day. Together we go beyond expectations.’
We provide an integrated therapy delivery service and that we work collaboratively with our care and education colleagues to support students to access learning.
We are now looking to recruit a Physiotherapist who will deliver a range of physiotherapy treatments including therapeutic trampolining and hydrotherapy.
Key responsibilities are:
- Design and deliver high-quality occupational therapy treatment and programmes, to ensure that individual students and service users’ needs are met, monitored and evaluated to a high standard.
- Maintain detailed clinical records to ensure that individual students’ needs are met, monitored and evaluated to a high standard.
- Contribute towards the self-assessment and quality processes to ensure that the highest standard of therapy and practice is achieved including peer review and observations.
To uphold Henshaws values of Informed, Sharing, Proactive, Inspiring, Compassionate and Empowering.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in physiotherapy
- Experience of facilitating initial therapy assessments to create a programme of therapy or treatment
- An understanding of safeguarding responsibilities in an education environment
Recent experience of delivering programmes of treatments to with a range of complex needs including learning difficulties and/or other disabilities, as well as experience of facilitating initial therapy assessments to create a programmer of therapy/treatment, is essential.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd February 2020.
To gain a full understanding of the role please read the job description and person specification available on-line at www.henshaws.org.uk or contact the HR department on 01423 814510.
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. This role may require an enhanced DBS check, please refer to the job description for further details. Registered Charity No: 221888