Registered Nurse – Nights
Henshaws College Harrogate
Closing date: Thursday, 30th Sep 2021
Salary £16.22 per hour/£33,737.60 per annum
Hours 40 hours/4 nights p/w (Mon to Thursday nights)
DBS Enhanced with child & adult barring.
Scroll down to see full job description
Henshaws Specialist College in Harrogate is a transformational place. Through our personalised approach to education, learning and care we empower young people aged 16-25 living with a disability to progress and live life the way they want.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse – Nights to work as part of the clinical team to meet the various clinical needs of the college students.
The Registered Nurse-Night will work as part of the clinical team to meet the various clinical needs of the college students. The role is to provide waking night nursing cover to meet the needs of the residential students who have a range of conditions.
- Assessing students with complex care needs and identifying suitable staff to work with the student in order to deliver a professional and safe service.
- The development and training of care staff to undertake delegated health tasks. This includes assessing competency of staff selected to work with students and developing an action plan when someone has not been assessed as competent
- Manage the clinical night team
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Registered Nurse with a current NMC PIN Number
- Appropriately trained and qualified to supervise the delivery of nursing tasks through the delivery of staff training and undertaking competency assessments
- Experience in supervising or delegation of nursing care tasks consistent with Nursing an Midwifery Council guidelines
Closing date 30th September 2021 at 12 Noon
To gain a full understanding of the role please read the job description and person specification available on-line at www.henshaws.org.uk/jobs or contact the HR department on 01423 814510.
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. This role may require an enhanced DBS check, please refer to the job description for further details.
Registered Charity No: 221888