Transition support and continued learning for young people at Henshaws
Designed to support transition and change after College, the Next Steps Programme at Henshaws offers a bespoke course that encourages ongoing learning, personal development and independence.
We know that transition and change can be a worrying and unsettling time. Next Steps provides a safe environment that enables you to make clear transitions into your future placements with the support and guidance you need.
Each journey is individual to you, dependent on your aspirations and outcomes. The Next Steps Programme supports the transition of skills learnt at College, continued learning within the community and access to future placements in a fun, personalised and independent way.
Everyone on the Next Steps Programme follows three levels to success. This allows us to support every individual in a personalised way; ensuring growth, development and challenging experiences.
- Cement current learning within the community
- Discover personal skills and interests
- Discuss personal aspirations and future plans
- Re-visit past skills and knowledge
- Introduce and explore planned transition locations
- Clear transition of staff
- Transition of skills and knowledge between current and future staff that may support you after College
- Learners spend more time at future placements
- Skills transitions are completed
- Transition is successful!
What can I discover?
The Next Steps Programme supports independent learning and exploration, which is why we offer a range of sessions to be involved in, based on your aspirations and interests.
- Community inclusion: accessing the space around me.
- Enterprise: discovering my own skills.
- Reflection: exploring change and feelings.
- Gardening: developing skills outside.
- Health and fitness: keeping fit in the community.
- Art: exploration through art and design.
- Volunteering: sharing time with others.
- Health and safety: safety in the future.