WIN a Theatre Experience!
WIN an OXSIGHT theatre experience and backstage pass to the new ‘& Juliet’ musical. OXSIGHT & Henshaw’s are collaborating with Opera House Manchester to allow those living with a visual impairment to experience the art of theatre, the first of many accessibility experiences that are being launched in the area.
OXSIGHT glasses are designed for people with peripheral vision loss, sometimes known as tunnel vision. The glasses use intelligent image interpretation technology and algorithms to enhance and increase the quality and field of vision.
Sound a bit confusing? Watch our video below and see them in action.
James Laird, who has Retinitis Pigmentosa and under 5% vision, describes seeing Jersey Boys at the Opera House in February.
“Incredible…it was the first time, in a long time, that I could track what was going on, see more of the body language and the tension building up.”
Glasses won’t benefit? Don’t worry!
We are also giving away the chance to experience the show with a backstage touch tour and audio description.
Enter your details below to be entered into a draw to WIN a theatre experience, with the option to use OXSIGHT glasses (if benefit) or experience touch tour and audio descriptive performance.For more information, please call 01865 580 255
- X25 spaces available to watch showing with OXSIGHT glasses.
- X10 Touch Tour & Audio Description spaces.
- Those who enter with the relevant condition will need to attend a short slot with an OXSIGHT dispensing optician between the dates of 2nd-13th September at the Henshaw’s office, Manchester. This appointment will allow us to determine if the glasses benefit.
- Those who benefit will be entered into a final draw on 12th September to experience the show using the OXSIGHT products.
- Those who do not will also be put into a final draw to experience the show using audio description and touch tour.
- The OXSIGHT appointment is a no obligation appointment to determine the benefit of OXSIGHT glasses prior to attending the show.
- The ‘& Juliet’ showing will take place on Tuesday 8th October 2019 at the Manchester Opera House at 7.30pm.
- OXSIGHT & Henshaw’s will provide travel to all competition winners travelling alone, those who will be accompanied by a carer will receive 2 tickets.
- Competition closes: August 30th 2019
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
Our work is only possible with the fantastic help of our supporters, fundraisers & volunteers. We’d love for you to join us.