Drama Workshop Volunteer
Henshaws Arts and Craft Centre Knaresborough
Closing date: Wednesday, 31st Aug 2022
Location: Henshaws Arts & Craft Centre Bond End Knaresborough
We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
DBS - Enhanced with adult and Child barring
If you require an application form in an accessible format please email us with your requirement or send your CV with details of the post you are interested in volunteering and a brief statement on why you would like to volunteer with Henshaws to email@example.com
Drama Workshop Volunteer
Henshaws Arts and Craft Centre
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
This is a key position supporting the work of our makers at our Arts Centre in Knaresborough. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated voluntary movement, drama and singing assistants to help facilitate courses throughout the year.
This is an exciting and hands-on role which can inspire and enable volunteers to pursue further study and careers in teaching and facilitating drama and music. The role of session volunteers is to support the workshop leader by assisting in the facilitation workshop sessions
The role includes:
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Joining in class activities (dance, drama and singing)
- Assisting students in developing skills, overseen and directed by workshop leader.
- Ensuring all Artmakers are happy and participating to the best of their ability
- Directing Artmakers around the site
- Helping Artmakers during their lunch, break times and between sessions.
- On performance days, assistance may be needed with costume, hair, make-up and stage management.
At least one regular half day per week.
- A flexible and positive approach.
- Adaptability to the role’s requirements.
- Personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers.
- Being sensitive to providing support within a care environment.
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer.
- You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Henshaws offers.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role please complete our online application form or down load an application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888