Driver/Social Group Support Volunteer – Tuesday Group
Commitment: Tuesday - 5 Hours per week
Clean Driving Licence
Access to a vehicle
DBS check - facilitated by Henshaws
We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
If you require an application form in an accessible format please email us with your requirement or send your CV with details of the post you are interested in volunteering and a brief statement on why you would like to volunteer with Henshaws to email@example.com
Driver/Social Group Support Volunteer
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
This is a key position to enable people with sight loss who have no means of transport and may be socially isolated to attend Henshaws social and hobby groups.
The role includes:
- To pick up people with sight loss, some of whom are elderly and bring them into social and hobby group meetings.
- To assist service users into the venue.
Tuesdays on average 5 hours per week to support the group.
- A flexible and positive approach.
- Adaptability to the role’s requirements.
- Personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers.
- Understanding of and empathy with people with sight loss who may feel socially isolated
- Good local knowledge of Manchester areas would be helpful but not essential.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Access to a vehicle
- DBS check – facilitated by Henshaws
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer.
- You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Henshaws offers.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role please complete our online application form or down load an application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888