Social Group Leader
On average 2 hours per week to support the group. Some planning time for the group activity or speakers and some admin time.
We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
If you require an application form in an accessible format please email us with your requirement or send your CV with details of the post you are interested in volunteering and a brief statement on why you would like to volunteer with Henshaws to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Social Group Leader – Salford
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
This is a key position supporting groups of people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
The role includes:
To organise monthly group activities eg speakers, quizzes.
- To arrange the provision of refreshments.
- To co-ordinate a small team of volunteers.
- To ensure the smooth running of the group, encouraging social interaction between group members with support from other volunteers.
- Sight guide group members as required.
- In consultation with a Henshaws member of staff, ensure that risk assessments have been carried out for any venues/group activities.
- To arrange the collection and recording of all monies.
- To ensure clients have completed group registration forms that include an emergency contact number.
- To attend quarterly meetings at Henshaws.
On average 2 hours per week to support the group. Some planning time for the group activity or speakers and some admin time. Some groups may vary slightly.
- A flexible and positive approach.
- Adaptability to the role’s requirements.
- Personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers.
- Ability to support a small team of volunteers.
- Ability to manage a small budget.
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer.
- You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Henshaws offers.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role please complete our online application form or down load an application and email to email@example.com
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888