Explore your creative talents using different colours, textures and materials to make unique artwork. Our creative workshops include art studio, jewellery, paper, pottery, printed textiles and textiles.
Follow your own interests to develop a unique style of working in our art studio. We will support you to try a range of media whilst being sensitive to your individual needs each week.
- Learn to design and make your own mosaics
- Develop your drawing skills, from simple mark making on paper to designing cards and canvases
- Get inspiration from our wide range of art books
- Try different techniques with pencil, crayon, watercolour and acrylic paint
- Make friends in our sociable workshop sessions.
Make creative pieces of jewellery using unusual and inspirational materials. Work on bringing your own ideas to life from design stage to the finished piece.
- Learn to use different techniques to create jewellery from wire, beads and recycled materials
- Be inspired by textures, colours and shapes.
- Develop pattern and counting skills.
- Create pieces that are sparkly, shiny and bright.
Explore paper making techniques and ideas for paper creations including gift tags, cards and collage kits. We will encourage you to come up with your own designs and want you to have fun!
- Develop techniques for layering paper by working on papier mache objects
- Improve your dexterity through different practical tasks
- Learn how to differentiate between a range of textures and colours when decorating your work
- Improve your design and time management skills as you plan future projects
- Develop your communication skills through interaction with Art Makers, staff, volunteers and visitors.
We can teach you simple techniques to create your own pieces out of clay, from simple hanging decorations to 3D sculptures.
- Learn basic pottery techniques including coiling, slab building and pinching
- Enjoy the tactile experience of working with clay
- Create your own pieces from the design stage to the finished product
- Try out different finishes including glazing and painting
- Understand how to keep safe in the studio.
Discover traditional techniques like sewing, felt-making and rag rugging with a modern twist in our textiles workshop. Put your own creative ideas into your pieces to make fun and practical items from fabric, wool, felt and other materials.
- Learn to use a sewing machine
- Develop skills in cross stitch, weaving, knitting and embroidery
- Improve your hand eye coordination by painting and decorating fabric
- Design your own product and see it through to the finished piece.