Health and wellbeing workshops
Learn about healthy living, cook delicious meals or develop relaxation techniques. Our health and wellbeing workshops include cook it, fitness, and treatment & wellbeing.
In each session you will learn to prepare and cook a healthy meal in our training kitchen. You’ll plan the whole process, from choosing recipes to picking seasonal ingredients from our vegetable patch and bringing them back to cook. You can:
- Prepare and cook a healthy two course lunch
- Learn about healthy eating and nutrition
- Develop skills in setting and clearing the table
- Wash, dry and put away your kitchen equipment
- Discuss and plan each week’s menu with the group.
Increase your fitness levels in a fun and safe environment with the support of our highly qualified trainer. Our fitness studio is equipped with exercise bikes, rowing machine, treadmill and cross trainer. We also have two H frame hoists to ensure our sessions are fully accessible.
- Join in our aerobics workouts to music
- Get active through team games such as table tennis and football
- Learn about healthy eating and how to take care of your body
- Have fun and stay fit using our Wii fit and dance equipment
- Be adventurous using our indoor climbing wall.
Treatment and wellbeing
Work with our professional therapist to learn a range of massage techniques and use your skills in a therapeutic work environment.
- Learn simple anatomy and understand how the body works
- Develop massage techniques including hand, arm, neck, shoulder and back
- Work with people with more complex needs in a calm, structured setting
- Improve your administration skills by booking appointments
- Work on your social and listening skills through talking to customers.