Multisensory and Wellbeing workshops
Develop relaxation techniques, explore all your senses and learn about healthy living. Our Multisensory and Wellbeing workshops include cook it, fitness, multisensory & sensory arts and treatment & wellbeing.
In each session you will learn to prepare and cook a healthy meal in our training kitchen. You’ll plan the whole process, from choosing recipes to picking seasonal ingredients from our vegetable patch and bringing them back to cook. You can:
- Prepare and cook a healthy two course lunch
- Learn about healthy eating and nutrition
- Develop skills in setting and clearing the table
- Wash, dry and put away your kitchen equipment
- Discuss and plan each week’s menu with the group.
Increase your fitness levels in a fun and safe environment with the support of our highly qualified trainer. Our fitness studio is equipped with exercise bikes, rowing machine, treadmill and cross trainer. We also have two H frame hoists to ensure our sessions are fully accessible.
- Join in our aerobics workouts to music
- Get active through team games such as table tennis and football
- Learn about healthy eating and how to take care of your body
- Have fun and stay fit using our Wii fit and dance equipment
- Be adventurous using our indoor climbing wall.
Multisensory & Sensory arts
Escape from your everyday routine in our multisensory & sensory arts workshops where we offer a combination of activities including massage, relaxation, meditation, storytelling, games, sensory play and group art. These are especially popular with our Art Makers who have more complex needs.
- Increase your confidence through storytelling and games
- Develop techniques for meditation and massage to help you relax more easily
- Enjoy sensory stimulation through a range of equipment including glow in the dark displays, music, fibre optics and tactile cushions.
- Take part in sensory arts activities including making scented playdough, colourful and flavoured water, or handprinting to create big pieces of art.
Treatment & wellbeing
Work with our professional therapist to learn a range of massage techniques and use your skills in a therapeutic work environment.
- Learn simple anatomy and understand how the body works
- Develop massage techniques including hand, arm, neck, shoulder and back
- Work with people with more complex needs in a calm, structured setting
- Improve your administration skills by booking appointments
- Work on your social and listening skills through talking to customers.