Aids & Equipment
Our rehabilitation team can advise you on the equipment and adaptations that will help you live more independently. We can also direct you to a range of suppliers to suit your needs.
When you’ve been assessed by your local social services department, they will give you or signpost you to suitable aids and equipment. Things like:
- Walking and mobility aids
- Liquid indicators that sound when your cup is nearly full
- Knives with adjustable guides to slice evenly
- Large, tactile clocks and watches
- Telephones with large colour contrast keypads
- Magnification software and aids
Depending on where you live, your social services team may not always get you all the equipment you want.
Contact us at your nearest Henshaws’ centre to find out more. Or visit the RNIB shop if you know what equipment you want.Get in touch to find out more