We are looking to build partnerships with businesses who can offer work experience placements to our Henshaws College students. A placement is a fantastic way for you to work with, teach and learn from young people with SEND.
Opportunities for your business
Dan is our work experience coordinator here at college. He works closely with local business to source work experience opportunities for our Supported Internship and Employability students.
The team are currently looking to set up new partnerships with businesses in Harrogate, York and Leeds. And we have some amazing students who are ready to bring enthusiasm and commitment to your workplace.
You can find more information on this web page, but the best way to start is to get in touch. Contact Dan directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
At Henshaws Specialist College, we help our students to prepare for their futures. And for students studying on our Supported Internship or Employability programmes, this involves preparing to enter the world of work.
A Supported Internship is similar to an apprenticeship. So students will spend the majority of their time gaining experience and learning at a place of work. And our Employability students will spend more time at college, supported by work experience placements.
Throughout their placements, all our students will be fully supported by their own Henshaws Job Coaches. This will include attending the work placement with the student. They will be encouraged to become immersed in the workplace, taking on roles and responsibilities as any other member of staff.
Alongside the placement, students will spend a minimum of one day at college developing their functional skills such as Maths, English and ICT. And students may take on additional vocational qualifications like health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety.
Why get involved?
- Each individual student will be matched to a role that suits their skills and interests. So you gain a member of staff who is motivated and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrate compliance with the Equality Act (2010). And be recognised as a Disability Confident employer.
- Engage with Social Corporate Responsibilities by supporting the community and the people within it.
- Learn from our students and gain insight into working with SEND populations.
- Access full support from our Henshaws team every step of the way.
- Provide your current staff with opportunities to take on mentoring opportunities.
- Gain access to disability awareness training for you, your staff and organisation.
- Be a key component in a young adult’s transition towards employment and independence.
Innovation through Covid
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges. But it has not stopped us finding opportunities for our students. And we have identified an exciting new opportunity with Harrogate Fair Trade Shop.
The shop is developing a new website so the community can purchase from the safety of their homes. And our students are helping, gaining hands on experience of managing, processing and preparing orders.
At the heart of what we do isInnovation and adaptability. We are proud to use these skills to benefit the local community and joint work with Fair Trade Shop gives us opportunity to do just that.
We would love to work with new local businesses. So if you can help, please get in touch with our team directly using the link below, or call us on
01423 886 451 or email@example.com