Henshaws Charity is committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998).
We will not give your information out to any third party, other than those who are engaged in providing an agreed service or where there is a legal/safeguarding need.
Who we are
This privacy notice covers all personal data that is gathered by Henshaws Society for Blind People, a registered charity in England (Number 221888) acting by its trustee, Henshaws Society for Blind People Trustee Limited (English company number 8313313).
We may collect personal information about you. We do not usually collect sensitive personal information about our service users or supporters unless there is a clear charitable reason for doing so.
For website users, the personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Like most websites, our site uses small data files stored on your computer called cookies. The Henshaws site sets and reads cookies for anonymous session data only, to record things like pages visited. We don’t make use of third-party cookies, and refusing to accept cookies from this site will not adversely affect its behaviour in your browser. We recommend that you check your browser settings to determine which cookies you accept or decline.
How we use your information
We may use your information in a number of ways and for a number of purposes including:
- To provide you with information on products or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities where you have agreed to receive communications from us;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures and to tell you about how your support and donations help us;
- For administrative purposes (for example, we may contact you regarding an event for which you have registered or with a query regarding a donation you may have made to us);
- For internal record keeping relating to any donations, feedback or complaints;
- To analyse and improve the operation of our website;
- When it is required or authorised by law.
- To send to 3rd party data cleansing companies for data cleaning to ensure that our database information is as accurate and up to date as possible.
How we contact you
Depending on the type of information you have provided ie postal address, telephone number or email, and if you have agreed, then we may contact you for marketing and fundraising purposes by direct mail, telephone, email or text message. Please note that by consenting to communication from Henshaws Charity, you grant us permission to use your details for marketing and fundraising purposes. We may also send you service communications for example where you send a request via our website, or if you have made a donation by text.
We pledge to make it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us. We will only use your personal data for marketing or fundraising purposes as outlined above, if you have actively ticked a box telling us that it is ok to do so. We will also give you a number of options to tick to let us know which particular type of format you would like to receive.
We will never sell your data to third parties
You can also update or change any of your marketing and fundraising preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing or fundraising purposes) by:
- Indicating that you do not wish to receive our marketing and fundraising emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link;
- Asking us to stop by informing us by text or email or any other social media; or Contacting us by telephone at 0300 222 5555 (or 00 44 161 872 1234) if you are calling from outside the UK), or by writing to us at: Henshaws, 4A Washbrook House, Lancastrian Office Centre, Talbot Road, Old Trafford, Manchester M32 0FP.
We’re committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children and vulnerable people.
You can change your mind at any time about how we contact you or ask us to stop contacting you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
How to make a complaint
To find out about our complaints process or to tell us if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information then please contact us via the website at the link: henshaws.org.uk/contact-us/