We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
If you require an application form in an accessible format, please email us with your requirement or send your CV with details of the post you are interested in and a brief statement on why you would like to volunteer with Henshaws to [email protected]
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families to build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
Fundraising volunteers undertake a wide variety of activities from organising their own fundraising events to co-ordinating charity collections, supporting the efforts of other volunteers, or supporting the fundraising team e.g. in the office or at Henshaws events. The role is community based and our fundraising volunteers are often best placed to spot local opportunities and promote the charity in their community. It’s a sociable role with opportunities to develop and learn new skills or share your existing expertise to help us raise funds. The time commitment is incredibly flexible and will be dependent on the activity you’re involved in and your own circumstances.
The role may include:
- Organising your own fundraising events e.g. anything from coffee mornings, cake bakes, and five-a-side football matches
- Supporting other volunteers and supporters with their fundraising activity
- Helping out at fundraising events organised by Henshaws
- Taking part in, or helping to organise charity collections
- Placing donation boxes in the local community
- Supporting the fundraising team in the office
- Representing Henshaws in the community e.g. by providing short talks to local community groups, or schools
- Promoting Henshaws’ fundraising activity to people and organisations you know e.g. local companies
Hours are flexible and will vary dependent on your areas of interest and availability.
- You will enjoy mixing with others and have good interpersonal skills
- You can be called on when we need your help
- A desire to improve the lives of visually impaired and disabled people
- A commitment to upholding our values
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular support and direction from Henshaws Fundraiser* (*insert relevant role)
- Relevant training and guidance as required.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will demonstrate the impact of your support
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws’ policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form or download an application and email it to [email protected]
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888