‘We are seeking Fundraising Volunteers across all areas of service delivery in the North of England’
Fundraising Office Administrator
Fundraising Office & Admin
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enables people and their families to build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
As an administrative supporter, you will help provide the fundraising team with clerical, admin and general office support. This could involve everything from financial processing to database administration, research, or help with mailings and thanking our supporters. Basic computer skills are essential as so much of our admin is online, but there is plenty of variety, and always plenty to do. We can structure what you do dependent on your skills, interest areas, and availability.
The role may include:
- Financial processing – including thank you cards and letters to supporters
- Contacting supporters to ask if we can claim gift aid on donations
- Help with mailings including franking and posting
- Event administration – emailing participants or suppliers
- Research e.g. online searches for potential supporters/suppliers
- Ordering office supplies and processing invoices
- Database administration e.g. updating records
- Support to other departments if required
- Answering the telephone or responding to e-mail enquiries
- Occasional attendance at events to register participants on arrival
Why I volunteer for Henshaws
Hours are flexible and will vary dependent on your availability and our current priorities, but we hope you can commit to one day a week.
- You will have basic computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office and be comfortable using search engines like Google to source information.
- Database experience would be helpful but not essential as we will provide training, but you will need a willingness to learn new processes and skills
- Attention to detail especially when updating records, and in written communications
- Empathetic nature and the ability to listen
- A desire to improve the lives of visually impaired and disabled people
- A commitment to upholding our values
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular support and direction from Henshaws Fundraiser* (*insert relevant role)
- Relevant training e.g. using systems like our database and General Data Protection Legislation and data security.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will demonstrate the impact of your support
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Further training and support will be provided where needed or desirable
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws’ policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role please complete our online application form or download an application and email to [email protected]
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888