Commitment: Facilitate a weekly luncheon club on a Wednesday at the Bolton Hub
We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
If you require an application form in an accessible format, please email us with your requirement or send your CV with details of the post you are interested in and a brief statement on why you would like to volunteer with Henshaws to [email protected]
Why I volunteer for Henshaws
Do you have a couple of spare hours on a Wednesday?
Do you want to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
If you have nodded your head to both questions, we have a role for you here at Henshaws.
Social Group Volunteer – Bolton’s Luncheon Club
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and various other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enable people and their families to build skills, develop confidence, help each other and look forward to a more positive future.
This is a key position supporting groups of people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
The role may include:
- Guide service users as required at meetings and on occasional lunches/trips out.
- To assist with refreshments.
- To encourage social interaction between group members.
- To assist with fundraising activities as required.
Facilitate a weekly luncheon club on a Wednesday at the Bolton Hub
- A flexible and positive approach.
- Adaptability to the role’s requirements.
- Personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers.
- Friendly and sociable nature.
- Understanding of and empathy with visually impaired people.
- Being sensitive to providing support within a care environment.
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
- Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer.
- You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Henshaws offers.
- You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
- We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws’ policies and procedures.
- We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form or download an application and email it to [email protected]
Henshaws Society for Blind People aims to employ a diverse workforce and is committed to equality of employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Registered Charity No: 221888