Work for Us
At Henshaws we are devoted to making a difference to the lives of the people we support. Sometimes this can be the smallest of things, and other times something that adds a real wow-factor to a person’s life. We see our work changing people’s lives for the better every day.
Job posts may close earlier than the advertised date should we receive a suitable pool of applications.
“SEN Care Support Workers, Health Care Assistants, Registered Nurses and Therapists” recruited between October 2021 and December 2021 will receive a £300 !!! Welcome to Henshaws Bonus!
To find out about our vacancies click here or Call us on 01423 814 510
Come and see us at our Recruitment Open day
Wednesday 27th October – 6pm-8pm
Saturday 6th November – 10am – 1pm
at Henshaws College, Bogs Lane Harrogate HG1 4ED
If you bring your CV and you like what you see we will interview you on the day!
Payment in your salary once you have completed your first month employment with Henshaws.
View our current vacancies and apply online.
Working with Us
As a charity that truly values its employees, we offer an excellent package of staff benefits.
Take a peek inside our Arts and Craft Centre and meet our talented Artmakers
Take a look around our wonderful specialist college
Henshaws recognises the importance of investing in our staff through training, qualifications and internal promotion
How Your Support has made a difference
See the impact your support has made to our service users. Read case studies and learn more about our range of services and support.
Henshaws are based in Yorkshire and in the North West of England with outreach to the World through our Knowledge Village
Access to Work
Disabled people are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as non-disabled people. How can Access to Work help?
We catch up with Aimee who won a Pearson Teaching Award for Excellence in Special Needs Education.
Our Senior Leadership team, Trustees and Governing body
What’s it like working on the main desk at a busy College? Craig, our receptionist at Henshaws Specialist College tells us more.
We are proud of our latest CQC report “Good with elements of Outstanding”
Kate, our Enablement Officer based in Oldham, explains her role in supporting the local sight loss community and the services that she delivers on a daily basis
Annual Reviews & Accounts
Take a whistle stop tour of the last year at Henshaws. Download our latest Annual Review and Trustee Report and Accounts.
What we offer
• 7 paid weeks holiday per year (pro rata) including two extra ‘Henshaws’ Bank Holidays.
• Up to four paid days per year off per year for unforeseen emergency domestic situations.
• DBS Enhanced with child & adult barring paid for by Henshaws
• Long service Financial rewards of up to £750
• Employee Assistance Programme offering staff a free range of financial, legal and wellbeing resources including 6 counselling sessions free of charge.
• Participation in Hospital Saturday Fund – for you and your household
• Enhanced sick pay for up to 6 months
• Full training package provided, including vocational qualifications
• Certified as Disability Awareness Employer
• Commitment to being a ‘Mindful Employer’ to support staff mental health and wellbeing
At Henshaws we understand that a work life balance is central to all of our happiness and wellbeing. Supporting positive mental health is key to our ethos and we are proud to be certified as a ‘Mindful employer’ putting the emotional wellbeing of our staff and students central to our activities. Our staff support our students, Art makers and clients but also we are proud to support each other!