Work for Us
At Henshaws we are devoted to making a difference to the lives of the people we support. Sometimes this can be the smallest of things, and other times something that adds a real wow-factor to a person’s life. We see our work changing people’s lives for the better every day.
We are a caring and inclusive employer who promote your work life balance and wellbeing. There are many benefits to joining our team including our Employee Assistance Programme, training and progression opportunities, enhanced sick pay and staff value awards.
Volunteers are an essential part of Henshaws.
We are grateful to all our volunteers for their time and dedication, and could not exist without their support.
Access to Work
Disabled people are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as non-disabled people. How can Access to Work help?
Our Senior Leadership team, Trustees and Governing body
Specialist College Recruitment
Looking for a rewarding career in care? Join our specialist college team
Policies and Procedures
Henshaws recognises the importance of investing in our staff through training, qualifications and internal promotion
How Your Support has made a difference
See the impact your support has made to our service users. Read case studies and learn more about our range of services and support.
Henshaws are based in Yorkshire and in the North West of England with outreach to the World through our Knowledge Village
We are proud of our latest CQC report “Good with elements of Outstanding”
Kate, our Enablement Officer based in Oldham, explains her role in supporting the local sight loss community and the services that she delivers on a daily basis
Annual Reviews & Accounts
Take a whistle stop tour of the last year at Henshaws. Download our latest Annual Review and Trustee Report and Accounts.
What we offer
• 7 paid weeks holiday per year (pro rata) including two extra ‘Henshaws’ Bank Holidays.
• Up to four paid days off per year for unforeseen emergency domestic situations.
• DBS Enhanced with child & adult barring paid for by Henshaws
• Long service Financial rewards of up to £750
• Employee Assistance Programme offering staff a free range of financial, legal and wellbeing resources including 6 counselling sessions free of charge.
• Enhanced sick pay for up to 6 months
• Full training package provided, including vocational qualifications
• Certified as Disability Awareness Employer
• Commitment to being a ‘Mindful Employer’ to support staff mental health and wellbeing
At Henshaws we understand that a work life balance is central to all of our happiness and wellbeing. Supporting positive mental health is key to our ethos and we are proud to be certified as a ‘Mindful employer’ putting the emotional wellbeing of our staff and students central to our activities. Our staff support our students, Art makers and clients but also we are proud to support each other!