Welcoming students to Harrogate from across the UK
Henshaws Specialist College is based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. We offer around 80 places to students aged 16 – 25 with special educational needs and disabilities. This includes our residential offering which allows young people to join us from across the UK.
At the heart of our college is Building Confidence, Developing Independence and Supporting Achievement for all our students.
Who we support
At Henshaws College, we support young people aged 16 to 25 years with a wide range of disabilities and complex needs including:
- Sensory impairments (specialising in visual impairment)
- Autistic spectrum conditions
- Physical disabilities
- Moderate to severe learning difficulties
- Heathcare needs (such as epilepsy)
- Profound and multiple learning disabilities
We’re proud to be part of the northern charity Henshaws who have been supporting people living with sight loss and a range of disabilities for over 180 years.