We are pleased to announce we raised over £18,000! This will go a long way to allowing more people with a visual impairment or disability to lead the confident, independent lives they want to.
On Saturday 17th July we hosted our first Summer Ball at the Hilton Deansgate. Everyone in the room was there to raise funds to support those with sight loss and other disabilities.
It was a fantastic night with live music from Angharad Huw, a harpist from the Royal Northern College of Music, the ‘Sweet Sensations’ band and Singer and DJ John Norcott. We had an incredible interview between our Compere for the night Dominic Walker and one of our Children and Young people, Shane, and his dad Roger.
Good Luck with your book Shane, the plot sounds thrilling! The Blind Poet, Dave Steele, performed one of his poems, aptly about his daughter the day before father’s day. We raised money on the night through a raffle and a live auction, as well as playing a game of heads or tails!
We just wanted to take this time to thank those that helped us make the night what it was.
Special Thanks to
Cargill our Headline Sponsors
Esprit our Meal Sponsor
- The Team at Hilton Deansgate
- Dominic Walker – our Host for the evening
- Shane and Roger Plange – for speaking about their experiences with sight loss
- Dave Steele – The Blind Poet
- Prestige Flowers who kindly donated centre pieces
- Managed Ink who kindly donated brochures
- Globexpert for running our auctions
- Angharad Huw – Harpist from the Royal Northern College of Music
- DJ John Norcott
- Sweet Sensations – Band
- Henderson Management
Raffle Prize & Auction Lots
- Globexpert, Georgia and her team for organising our Auctions
- Adam Reid at The French
- Cottonopolis Food and Liquor
- Fazenda Rodizio Bar and Grill
- The Refuge Restaurant; Kimpton Clockhouse Hotel
- Malmaison Grill
- Ann Collins – donating raffle prize
- Jan Lord – donating auction prize
- DXC Technology – donating Golden Envelope prize
- Majestic Wines Sale
- F Hinds Jewellers
Our volunteers – Nici, Kayleigh and Ben from Beever and Struthers.
And everyone who purchased a ticket for the night!