Our VIAT course is an interactive and engaging training session, aimed at helping people understand the needs and concerns of people with a visual impairment.
Visual Impairment Awareness Training
Henshaws Community Services enables people of all ages living with sight loss to make informed choices about their future. For many years, our passionate and qualified staff have been sharing their expertise in our VIAT course; an interactive training course for anyone who wants to know more about life with a visual impairment.
What is VIAT?
Our VIAT course is a practical and engaging training session, aimed at helping people understand the needs and concerns of people with a visual impairment. We offer training sessions from one hour to full day sessions.
Our course covers;
- Key sight loss facts, tips and guidance
- Challenging visual impairment stereotypes and misconceptions
- Experiencing what it is like to be visually impaired using our sight loss simulator
- Practical tasks relevant to your business
- Learning how to guide someone with a visual impairment.
How will I benefit from VIAT?
Over 2 million people in the UK are currently living with sight loss, which is expected to rise by 2.9 million by 2030; making visual impairment awareness more important than ever before. Would you or your staff know how to interact with a visually impaired customer?
VIAT can benefit you by;
- Enabling you to understand sight loss, and the experiences faced by visually impaired people everyday
- Attracting new customers
- Improved customer experience and higher quality service
- Setting your business apart and giving you a unique selling point
- Demonstrated Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Henshaws VIAT is excellent, and will help us to deliver an even better experience to our visually impaired clients."
Dave Djordjevic, CEO Challenge 4 Change
VIAT is a bespoke course, varying from one hour to full day sessions, which are designed to suit you and your business.
We can make adjustments to suit your needs, and even travel to your premises to deliver the sessions. Costs vary between £250 to £750, for a group size of up to 14 people.
Sessions are also delivered regularly on Talbot Road in Trafford (course dates below); up to £65 per person with discounts available for volunteers from other organisations.